Total Credits: 2.5 AOA Category 1-A
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions -
1. Viscerosomatic Interactions: A Basis for Impact of OMT on Physiology and the Nervous System
2. Cardiovascular Disorders and Functions: Research
3. Demonstration of Related OMT Procedures
Since the inception of the osteopathic medical profession, osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) has been used for virtually every condition encountered by human beings. While the medical profession at large now accepts OMT as indicated for musculoskeletal disorders, there is now ample research and practice demonstrating the efficacy of OMT in Cardiovascular Disorders.
This 2.5 hour presentation also presents the neuroanatomic basis for how OMT affects physiologic functions, and meets of needs of interested physicians who want to increase their knowledge in this area of medical practice
1. By the completion of the course, the participant will be able to describe the research substantiating the application of evidence-based OMT for Cardiovascular conditions and physiological functions. Handouts of relevant published articles will be provided
2. By completion of the course, the participant will be able assess the applicability of OMT procedures in these areas for their particular practice and integrate them in the care of their patients.
3. By the completion of the course, the participant will have opportunity to view live demonstration of the relevant OMT procedures and ask questions about them.
This activity is open for all osteopathic and medical physicians (DO/MD), Dentist (DDS/DMD), Medical Student (DO/MD), and International Osteopaths.
No prerequisites required.
|Brochure / Agenda (555.3 KB)||Download|
|Viscerosomatic Handout (626.6 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Cardiovascular Handout (531.2 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Procedure Demo Handout (688 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Dr. King is a graduate of Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Worth, TX . He is board certified in Family Medicine/OMT from the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians and certified with Special Proficiency in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine from the American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine. He is a Founding Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic and Integrative Medicine. His postdoctoral training was at Dallas Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX. His internship was at the VA Hospital & Univ. of Kentucky Medical School, Lexington, KY. His Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology is from Trinity University, San Antonio, TX. Dr. King is currently a Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. He also has a private practice at Osteopathic Center San Diego. He is a Fellow of and Past-President of the American Academy of Osteopathy. He is a Fellow of the Osteopathic Cranial Academy. His memberships include: AOA, AAO, OCA.
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Respiratory & Immune Systems (2020)
Original Program Date: 10/31/2020
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Gastrointestinal & Genito-Urinary Systems (2020)
Original Program Date: 11/07/2020
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Nervous System, Headache & Reproductive Functions (2020)
Original Program Date: 11/14/2020
Please wait ...