Total Credits: 2.5 including 2.5 AOA Category 1-A
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions -
1. Respiratory System Disorders and Function: Research
2. Immune System Functions: Research
3. Demonstration of Related OMT Procedures
Since the inception of the osteopathic medical profession, osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) has been used for virtually every condition encountered by human beings. While the medical profession at large now accepts OMT as indicated for musculoskeletal disorders, there is now ample research and practice demonstrating the efficacy of OMT in Respiratory Disorders and Immune System processes.
This 2.5 hour presentation meets of needs of interested physicians who want to increase their knowledge in this area of medical practice.
1. By the completion of the course, the participant will be able to describe the research substantiating the application of evidence-based OMT for Respiratory conditions and Immune System physiological functions. Handouts of relevant published articles will be provided
2. By completion of the course, the participant will be able assess the applicability of OMT procedures in these areas for their particular practice and integrate them in the care of their patients.
3. By the completion of the course, the participant will have opportunity to view live demonstration of the relevant OMT procedures and ask questions about them.
This activity is open for all osteopathic and medical physicians (DO/MD), Dentist (DDS/DMD), Medical Student (DO/MD), and International Osteopaths.
No prerequisites required.
|Brochure / Agenda (555.3 KB)||Download|
|Respiratory Handout (902.6 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Immune Handout (473.6 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Procedure Demo Handout (474.4 KB)||Available after Purchase|
The Collected Papers of Viola M. Frymann, DO (Vol. 1) - Books
The Collected Papers of Viola M. Frymann, DO (Vol. 2) - Books