Total Credits: 2.5 AOA Category 1-A
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions -
1. Nervous System Disorders and Conditions: Research
2. Headache: Research
3. Reproductive System Conditions - Obstetrics and Gynecology: Research
4. Demonstration of Related OMT Procedures
Since the inception of the osteopathic medical profession, osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) has been used for virtually every condition encountered by human beings. While the medical profession at large now accepts OMT as indicated for musculoskeletal disorders, there is now ample research and practice demonstrating the efficacy of OMT in Nervous System, Headache and Reproductive System disorders, conditions and processes.
This 2.5 hour presentation meets of needs of interested physicians who want to increase their knowledge in this area of medical practice.
1. By the completion of the course, the participant will be able to describe the research substantiating the application of evidence based OMT for Nervous System, Headache and Reproductive System disorders, conditions and functions. Handouts of relevant published articles will be provided
2. By completion of the course, the participant will be able assess the applicability of OMT procedures in these areas for their particular practice and integrate them in the care of their patients.
3. By the completion of the course, the participant will have opportunity to view live demonstration of the relevant OMT procedures and ask questions about them.
This activity is open for all osteopathic and medical physicians (DO/MD), Dentist (DDS/DMD), Medical Student (DO/MD), and International Osteopaths.
No prerequisites required.
|Brochure / Agenda (555.3 KB)||Download|
|OB-Gyn Handout (526 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Headache Handout (308.1 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Nervous System Handout (1.1 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Worth, TX. DO, 1983 Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, 1971 Trinity University, San Antonio, TX. MS in Psychology, 1967 Duke University, Durham, NC. BA in Psychology, 1965. Dr. King is a Fellow of and Past-President of the American Academy of Osteopathy. He certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Osteopathic Family Physicians. He has served on the faculties of several colleges of osteopathic medicine and most recently was Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency Director at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is currently a Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, and serves as Director of Program Services for Osteopathy's Promise to Children. He is well qualified to present the research on prenatal OMT as he has co-authored three different peer reviewed research articles on this topic. Memberships and Proficiencies: AOA, AAO, OCA. Additionally he holds the Osteopathic Cranial Fellowship.
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Viscerosomatic Interactions & Cardiovascular System
Original Program Date: 10/24/2020
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Respiratory & Immune Systems
Original Program Date: 10/31/2020
OMT for Systemic Disorders and Physiological Functions - Gastrointestinal & Genito-Urinary Systems
Original Program Date: 11/07/2020
Please wait ...