Total Credits: 7.25 including 7.25 AOA Category 1-A
** NOTE: Prior to purchasing, review the Policy Consent tab (also in the Brochure). Your enrollment in the Program constitutes your release, waiver and consent to the stated policies.
Since the inception of the osteopathic medical profession, osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) has been used for virtually every condition encountered by human beings. While the medical profession at large now accepts OMT as indicated for musculoskeletal disorders, there is now ample research and practice demonstrating the efficacy of OMT in cardiopulmonary, neurologic, genitourinary and immune system conditions and disorders. In this first of two stand-alone course sequences, we will draw on published research and a number of clinical trial in which Dr. King was a treatment provider and co-author of the publications. The evidence-based protocols and procedures used in the published studies will be reviewed and practiced.
1. By the completion of the course, the participant will be able to describe the research substantiating the application of evidence-based OMT for systemic conditions and physiological functions. Handouts of relevant published articles will be provided.
2. By completion of the course, the participant will be able to assess the applicability of OMT procedures in these areas for their particular practice and integrate them in the care of their patients.
3. By the completion of the course, the participant will be able to effectively administer the OMT procedures taught.
This activity is open for all osteopathic and medical physicians (DO/MD), Dentist (DDS/DMD), Medical Student (DO/MD), and International Osteopaths.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Hollis H. King, DO, PhD, FAAO
* Lecture: Welcome and Intro to Course and Osteopathic Tenets Underlying OMT (15min)
* Lecture: Gastrointestinal Conditions and Disorders: Research (45min)
* Lab: Gastrointestinal Conditions and Disorders (1hr)
* Lecture and Lab: Genito-Urinary Conditions and Disorders: Research and Lab (45min)
* Lecture and Lab: OB-Gyn and Prenatal: Research and Lab (1hr)
* Lecture and Lab: Headache: Research and Lab (1hr)
* Lecture: Nervous System and Cranial: Research (45min)
* Lab: Nervous System and Cranial (15min)
* Lecture: Special Case of the C4 (30min)
* Lab: Biofield Introduction and ZeroAlpha Point (45min)
* Lecture: Systems Interconnections; Review; Q&A (15min)
|Brochure (733.1 KB)||5 Pages||Download|
|OMT G&N - Slides #1 GI (4.13 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #2 GI Lab (3.38 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #3 GI Res & Lab (3.99 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #4 Prenatal OMT (2.68 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #5 OB-GYN Lab (1.71 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #6 Headache (3.99 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #7 HA-TBI Lab (1.26 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #8 Nervous System - Cranial (6.12 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #9 Case of the CV4 (1.59 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|OMT G&N - Slides #10 Biofield & ZAP (3.48 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Your enrollment in the Program constitutes your release, waiver and consent to the following policies:
LIABILITY RELEASE AND WAIVER
THIS PROGRAM MAY INVOLVE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, INCLUDING CONTACT BY AND WITH FACULTY AND OTHER COURSE PARTICIPANTS. THIS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DIAGNOSTICS AND MANUAL THERAPEUTICS, COULD POSSIBLY ENTAIL RISK FOR COURSE PARTICIPANTS OF NEW INJURY OR AGGRAVATION OF PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. ALL COURSE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY BODILY INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING OUT OF OR INCIDENT TO (I) ATTENDING THE COURSE, (II) PARTICIPATING IN THE COURSE, (III) USING EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES DURING THE COURSE, AND (IV) USING OR MISUSING ANY KNOWLEDGE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED OR DERIVED FROM THE COURSE.
I acknowledge and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless OPC, OPC’s officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, licensors, partners, independent contractors, suppliers and subcontractors from and against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, obligations, damages including but not limited to any bodily injury, death, and property damage, liabilities, costs, debt and expenses, whether known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, arising out of or incident to (i) attending the course, (ii) participating in the course, (iii) using the equipment or facilities during the course, or (iv) using or misusing any knowledge or information obtained or derived from the course at or outside of the course location. OPC reserves the right, at course participant’s expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which course participant is required to indemnify OPC and course participant agrees to cooperate with OPC’s defense of these claims. Course participant agrees not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of OPC. OPC will use reasonable efforts to notify course participant of any such claim, action, suit, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it. It is the responsibility of all participants to use the information provided within the scope of their professional license or practice.
CONSENT TO USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES
Registration and attendance at or participation in OPC meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to OPC’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER, THE INDEMNITY PROVISIONS AND THE CONSENT TO USE MY IMAGE, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ENROLLING IN THE PROGRAM AND DO SO VOLUNTARILY.
Please wait ...