To register, go to the OCA website for this course: https://cranialacademy.org/product/fall-2023-hybrid-san-diego/
Fall 2023 Hybrid Introduction to OCF (San Diego CA Lab Nov 10-12)
San Diego CA Lab Session Nov 10-12
with Virtual Lectures/Discussions Sep 1-Oct 8
Expand Your Osteopathic Skills
Highly regarded by its practitioners and patients alike, the study of osteopathy in the cranial field includes broadening and deepening the perceptual skills of the practitioner, as well as intensive study of the anatomy and physiology of the cranium and its inter-relationship with the body as a whole. Learn how this approach can be applied for the benefit of your patients in the prevention and treatment of disease, and enhancement of health.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the components of the primary respiratory mechanism, including articular, cerebrospinal fluid, fascial/membranous and nervous system anatomy.
- Deepen your understanding of the body as a dynamic unit with a capacity for self-healing.
- Establish the basis for palpatory diagnosis and treatment.
Course Director: Annette Hulse DO
Assistant Course Director: Daniel Shadoan DO
Registration Fee: $2,295*
*$1100 scholarships are available for medical students and residents from the OCA Foundation. See Scholarships tab below for how to apply for a scholarship
The OCA has developed a hybrid format for this course with both online and in-person components:
- Virtual Lectures and Group Discussions, Sep 1-Oct 8: Lectures will be presented online, with about 4 hours of video recordings delivered each week. At the end of each week, participants will join in a mandatory 1 hour-long discussion group via Zoom. There will NOT be a discussion group weekend of Sep 16-17, see schedule below for details.
- Regional In-Person Lab, dates TBA: The hand-over-hand training for which the OCA is well known will be held in small groups regionally. The lab portion of your course will take place over a three-day weekend following completion of the lecture portion of the course, 8:00-6:00pm on Friday and Saturday, 8:00-5:00pm on Sunday.
- Lab location is in San Diego CA at Osteopathic Center San Diego. The labs will be similar to those at previous Introductory Courses, with hands-on instruction by experienced trainers at a 1:4 faculty student ratio.
** See website for Eligibility and Scholarship information.
Lecture Week 1: Self-study online video lectures (approx 4 hours) Sep 1-9. Mandatory Zoom small group discussion Sep 10 (various times will be available).
Lecture Week 2: Self-study online video lectures (approx 4 hours) Sep 11-23. Mandatory Zoom small group discussion Sep 24 (various times will be available).
Lecture Week 3: Self-study online video lectures (approx 4 hours) Sep 25-30. Mandatory Zoom small group discussion Oct 1 (various times will be available).
Lecture Week 4: Self-study online video lectures (approx 4 hours) Oct 2-7. Mandatory Zoom small group discussion Oct 8 (various times will be available).
Hands-on Labs: After completing the 4 weeks of lectures and discussion groups, course participants will attend 3 full days of hands-on labs in a small regional group with experienced OCA faculty as table trainers in 1:4 ratio in San Diego CA, Nov 10-12